Make a difference in patient access
Become a field reimbursement and access specialist
Xcenda is proud to be part of AmerisourceBergen. AmerisourceBergen fosters a positive impact on the health of people and communities around the world by advancing the development and delivery of pharmaceuticals and healthcare products. As a leading global healthcare company, with a foundation in pharmaceutical distribution and solutions for manufacturers, pharmacies and providers, we create unparalleled access, efficiency and reliability for human and animal health.
Our 22,000 global team members power our purpose: We are united in our responsibility to create healthier futures. AmerisourceBergen is ranked #10 on the Fortune 500.
To search specific career opportunities with Xcenda's Innovative Field Solutions team, type "field reimbursement" in the search bar when you click the careers link below.
Our associates are proud of the part they play in helping patients gain access to life-changing therapies.
What is a field reimbursement and access specialist?
Roles & responsibilities of an FRAS
- Regionally aligned reimbursement experts
- Customize on-site visits to meet the needs of the account
- Proactive reimbursement education
- Proactive tracking of patients through the journey to identify potential gaps and help facilitate timely resolutions
- Reactive support for reimbursement challenges
- Engage members of the Client Support team (ie, Nurse Navigators, Patient Operations, etc)
- Educate appropriate staff members about patient assistance and copay support programs
The ideal candidate
- Bachelor’s degree, advanced degree, and/or specific practice management experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public or private third-party reimbursement arena, practice management, or pharmaceutical industry (sales, managed care, or clinical support)
- Ability to conduct field-based reimbursement support, education, and consultation: 3-4 nights of overnight travel per week
- Extensive experience with specialty providers
- Knowledge of hospital hierarchy, payer payment systems, and centers of excellence
Our FRASs must be
- Experienced: You have 5+ years of reimbursement support experience with specialty providers
- Flexible: Our field based positions require 3-4 days of overnight travel per week
- Passionate: You'll break down barriers to help patients gain access to vital therapies
- Consultative: You'll need to build relationships and provide customized value for reimbursement and patient access
Experience a week in the life of an Xcenda FRAS
As a field associates with Xcenda you will need a “can do attitude” and approach territory much as a CEO does a company: with vision, strategy, goals and execution. You manage your territory based on the needs and priorities of your manufacturer partner while having the support of the whole Xcenda organization behind you for training and ongoing education.
A typical week might look something like this: