Implementing Coverage With Evidence Development
By Xcenda |
HTA QUARTERLY | SPRING 2018
Market Trends and Updates: Is There Consensus on Implementing Coverage With Evidence Development?
When to Consider CED?CED agreements are best suited in situations where a treatment or technology demonstrates promise for significant benefits, yet uncertainties remain regarding its future clinical or economic impact at the time of approval (Figure 2).
Implementation and Challenges
Global Perspective: Updates and Disparities in CED Agreements
- Carlson JJ, Chen S, Garrison LP Jr. Performance-based risk-sharing arrangements: an updated international review. Pharmacoeconomics. 2017 Oct;35(10):1063-1072.
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Guidance for the Public, Industry, and CMS Staff: Coverage with Evidence Development. https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Coverage/Coverage-with-Evidence-Development/index.html. Accessed January 11, 2018.
- Drummond M. When do performance-based risk-sharing arrangements make sense? Eur J Health Econ. 2015;16:569-571.
- Ferrario A, Nicod E, Kanavos P. Poster: PHP151—Evidence on the impact of managed entries on payers, patients, manufacturers, and health care workers. Value Health. 2011;14:A233-A510.
- Garrison LP, Towse A, Briggs A, et al. Performance-based risk-sharing arrangements—good practices for design, implementation, and evaluation: report of the ISPOR Good Practices for Performance-based Risk-sharing Arrangements Task Force. Value Health. 2013;16(5):703-719.
- Goeree R, Chandra K, Tarride JE, et al. Conditionally funded field evaluations: PATHs coverage with evidence development program for Ontario. Value Health. 2010 Jun;13(Suppl 1):S8-S11.
- Kornfeld A, Schroeder M, Toumi M. Coverage with evidence development in Sweden—formality or effective way to reduce uncertainty? Value Health. http://www.valueinhealthjournal.com/article/S1098-3015(13)02862-3/pdf. Accessed February 2, 2018.
- Lexchin J. Coverage with evidence development for pharmaceuticals: a policy in evolution. Int J Health Serv. 2011;41(2):337-354.
- Martins J. New HTA and prices & reimbursement system (SiNATS) in Portugal: impact on the reimbursement of oncologic medicines. IHF Chicago: 39th World Hospital Congress. 2015. http://www.apdh.pt/sites/apdh.pt/files/2015IHFChicago_JOAO MARTINS (2).pdf. Accessed January 17, 2018.
- NICE. Cancer Drugs Fund guides to our CDF methods and processes. https://www.nice.org.uk/about/what-we-do/our-programmes/nice-guidance/nice-technology-appraisal-guidance/cancer-drugs-fund. Accessed January 11, 2018.
- NICE. NICE Impact Cancer. https://www.nice.org.uk/media/default/about/what-we-do/into-practice/measuring-uptake/nice-impact-cancer.pdf. Accessed February 2, 2018.
- Olberg B, Perleth M, Reinhard B. The new regulation to investigate potentially beneficial diagnostic and therapeutic methods in Germany: up to international standard? Health Policy. 2014;117:135-145.
- Schroeder M, Kornfeld A, Ben Abdallah I, Rémuzat C, Toumi M. Poster: PR4—Overview of coverage with evidence development in Sweden. Value Health. 2013;16:A323-A636.
- Zorg Institute. Conditional reimbursement of health care issued to the Minister of VWS on 6 April 2012. https://english.zorginstituutnederland.nl/publications/reports/2012/04/06/conditional-reimbursement-of-health-care. Accessed February 2, 2018.